0 items in Cart
- 3RD RELEASE IN THE TOKELAU OCEAN LIFE SERIES!
- Arrives in individual protective plastic flips, mint tubes of 20, or boxes of 500.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Face value of $5 is legal tender in Tokelau.
- Features the latest design in the series, that of the Sailfish.
- Local, cultural designs accompany Queen Elizabeth II’s image on the obverse.
In 2014, the government of Tokelau (a territory of New Zealand) commissioned Australia’s Treasures of Oz to produce a 12-coin bullion series celebrating the island’s aquatic history and the beautiful creatures of the ocean in the new Tokelau Ocean Life Series.
The first release came in 2014, and featured the Yellowfin Tuna. That was followed in 2015 with the Great White Shark design, and continues in 2016 with the Sailfish design from Treasures of Oz. Each of the coin’s reverse faces include the English-language name of the ocean wildlife, as well as the local dialect.
On the reverse face of the 2016 1 oz Tokelau Silver Sailfish Coin you’ll find the image of a sailfish as it flies up out of the warm waters of the Pacific Ocean. Engravings on this face include Sailfish, and the local dialect name of Hakula. “Tokelau” is engraved below the design.
The obverse features the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II from Ian Rank-Broadley, as well as the image of a wooden tacklebox, traditionally used by fishermen from Tokelau. A small banner below the box contains the words “Tokelau mot e Atua,” which translates to “Tokelau for God.”
|Mint||Generic - Various|
You must be authenticated to write reviews. Click here to login.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!